The Consortium for Integrative Cardiovascular Research is a not-for-profit collaborative project dedicated to a better understanding of cardiovascular disease, exploring novel systems which may mediate cardiovascular dysfunction, and in developing new strategies/treatments for the treatment of common cardiovascular complications.
This mission to promote quality cardiovascular research and its application towards potential therapeutic applications is accomplished by:
1) promotion of the scientific method.
2) communication of clinical findings.
3) research training for graduate students, medical students and residents.
4) development of inter- and intra-institutional ties which promote sharing of resources for mutual benefit.
5) dispelling myths in the pubic and scientific communities which can impede the humanitarian missions of funding agencies and health care providers to treat cardiovascular diseases and promote healthy cardiovascular functions.
6) development of new approaches and the modification of existing therapeutics to treat cardiovascular diseases.